In light of the Coronavirus affecting the whole world, it is more important than ever to ensure our cabin cleaning methods are at a high standard to protect heavy vehicle operators.
There are many recommendations to keep cabin and air conditioning systems clean as possible to help stop the spread of viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites.
Here are four highly recommended practices for light and heavy vehicles:
- Air filters to be regularly replaced, cleaned or upgraded:
- Moisture in evaporators are a “breeding ground” for viruses and bacteria:
- Clean and maintain condensate system to reduce microbial growth
- Pans where condensate and moisture fall
- Drain line connections that harbour micro-organism like bacteria, germs and viruses
- Regularly clean the vehicle cabin:
- Use an antibacterial or commercial grade disinfectant across all surfaces, in particular where there is a large amount of hand contact like steering wheels,gear knobs and handles.
Industry leading Air-con and filtration specialist technicians have historically used the Viper brand for coil cleaning. It is highly recommended that all
vehicles in mining, earthmoving, construction, buses and transport take necessary precautions to avoid contamination.
Lyons have a range of speciality products that protect operators and help stop the spread. For more information please call Lyons on (08) 9259 7777, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website on www.lyons.com.au.