Below we explore the pros and cons and offer a solution that will make your summer for years to come.
Evaporative Cooling Benefits
- An evaporative cooling system only needs electricity for its fan and water pump. Therefore, the air-conditioning unit uses less power than most cooling systems.
- An evap unit uses a more natural process to keep your truck and cabin cool, all it requires is a full tank of water
Evaporative Cooling Limitations
- Evaporative units are not ideal for humid areas and can be influenced by rainy periods.
- Their coolers require more than most alternative air-conditioning
- They have basic air filtration systems and so many airborne contaminants are not captured
- Cabins can become musty due to high moisture levels in fabric
- A window needs to be left open to allow for the free flow of air in and out of the cabin
- Require water tank to be topped up after an overnight use, which can be a scarce commodity in some parts of Australia.
Refrigerated Cooling Benefits
- A refrigerated cooling system will keep you cool and comfortable in all weather conditions
- Refrigerated air-conditioners allows you to assign different temperatures to suit you.
- The cooling system removes humidity from the area
- Refrigerated system has a very effective filtration system
Refrigerated System Limitations:
- A robust system like a refrigerated cooler requires more energy to function. However, there are Lithium powered air-conditioning options that has all the benefit of both worlds.
- The refrigerated cooling’s outdoor unit like the ICEPACK can be noisy. DC Lithium powered refrigerated air-conditioning units overcome this
Should you get an evaporative or refrigerated cooling system?
If you were after a versatile system that can keep you comfortable in all of Australia’s climate conditions, then the recommendation would be a refrigerated cooling unit.
If you want the advantages of both Evaporative and Refrigerated for cabin cooling, then Lyons Piccolo Lithium Battery powered splitter bunk air-conditioning unit is the answer.
The Piccolo innovation has truck cabin or bunk cooling benefits beyond most systems on the market:
- A fraction up front cost than other systems
- Lithium powered system, saving you money on fuel on ongoing running costs
- Eco-Friendly unit that’s energy efficient
- Quiet and peaceful for a better night sleep
- Inbuilt option to run on 240v. Plug in and save
- Compact components requiring less effort to find room to install
- Less maintenance with the option of doing it yourself
- Tried and tested system used in standalone and fleet trucking industry
Having an expert who can help make the right decision can be invaluable. Lyons is the “Largest Independent Automotive & Electrical Wholesaler and Installer”, specialising in air-conditioning, filtration and pressurisers.
Call us now on (08) 9259 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and speak to one of our experts to make sure you keep safe and comfortable this summer.